First Day Issues & Suggestions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

First Day Issues & Suggestions

Post by Mother Nature on Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:40 am

Although it would be totally impractical for this version, it would definitely be cool if there were randomized rewards for individuals doing jobs. You know, maybe you don't get a fish today, but you get some water. Okay, that's a bad example, but... the exploration job in particular seems like it could do with a little something, a little oomph. Maybe not? Anyway.

I think I made some mistakes with valuing the jobs, too. Like, why does the branch job give individuals branches right away, but the fishing job requires a certain threshold? Who knows? Not me! (edit :: probably because the branch job is of limited and reliable scope, while the fishing job is... kind of... less reliable and strange. still, though, this set of rules is definitely missing a rollover trigger.)

Anyway, those are my current thoughts. I'm also excited to see things actually happen! I think it's an extremely good sign that everyone didn't agree on one thing to do, haha. We could've completed any of the currently ongoing projects already, but we didn't! There's co-operation and there's a little bit of conversation going on, which I like to see, but there's also no perfect machine-like synchronicity even among our small numbers... which I would have been worried to see.

Well, it's only the first day. Maybe it's too early to say a synchronized workforce won't happen.

Oh, and there might need to be some rule about food. But maybe everyone's just foraging their own food for now!

Mother Nature
Admin

View user profile http://passports.fullboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: First Day Issues & Suggestions

Post by mcchyn on Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:48 am

do you need uh.. like.. any help with this? a programmer?

mcchyn

View user profile http://psycheprotocol.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother Nature on Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:50 am

I don't thiiink so? It's not going to live in this form forever - I'm still working on the 'real' version quietly, this is more a place to test out concepts & see how the game might sort of work.

That said, if you or someone you know is well-versed in anything relevant and is as interested as I am... I wouldn't say no to help >_>

Mother Nature
Admin

View user profile http://passports.fullboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mcchyn on Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:18 am

Mother Nature wrote:I don't thiiink so? It's not going to live in this form forever - I'm still working on the 'real' version quietly, this is more a place to test out concepts & see how the game might sort of work.

That said, if you or someone you know is well-versed in anything relevant and is as interested as I am... I wouldn't say no to help >_>
yeah, i mean, it's not a game in current state, just phpbb on free hosting, but the concept is unique and i like it. i was working on something quite similiar to this, but with more defined setting (futuristic) and other stuff, thought that it'd be cool to merge but whatever. good luck!

mcchyn

View user profile http://psycheprotocol.net

Back to top Go down

Post by tanyaxshort on Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:40 pm

Did you read Wolf in White Van? Maybe you should, if you like novels and stuff.

It (and this game) reminded me of my old MUDding days... and how what I wanted more than anything was to be a professional roleplayer, hosting events and providing a super-tailored experience, like a "ractor" from Diamond Age...

tanyaxshort

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top