Mr. Inanimate's Big Idea

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mr. Inanimate's Big Idea

Post by Mr. Inanimate on Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:47 am

Hello. I am Mr. Inanimate.

On to more important matters. I have a plan.

Right now, you might notice we live in a field. This is fine and all, but I have more grand aspirations than surviving in the dirt off of dirt-scraps and sleeping in the dirt on dirt-beds.

What should we do? I think it's pretty clear: We need civilization.

What is 'civilization'? I can think of a few things.

One, we need better shelter than dirt. Dirt makes a fine mattress, but not a fine house. So we should build houses. Luckily we have nine trees in our field, and though this is just hypothesis, I'm pretty sure if there are trees in our field there are probably trees elsewhere. We should make sure not to get rid of all the trees since we need to have a sustainable amount of wood. But we should definitely get some wood and make a small town. This is Step 1A and 1B of Mr. Inanimate's Big Idea: - Get some wood and make some houses.

we need something better to eat than dirt-scraps. I propose we start some sustainable practices. Fishing is fine, but we will run out of fish. Finding some farm animals, farm crops, then marking farms would be good. The problem is, our field has fish, grass, and nothing else. So we need to go out and find farm animals and crops. So this is Step 2A and 2B of Mr. Inanimate's Big Idea: - Explore and farm.

I'm going to propose two jobs today - Get Wood + Make Houses and Explore + Farm. I would like your support. Once these two jobs are completed, perhaps we will have the resources necessary to continue with my Big Idea.

Why do I bring this plan to you all? Because I think it's important that we all properly focus on these tasks. If we finish making 'civilization' first, we will have a much larger range of resources available to us in the future, giving us more freedom with other tasks. For this reason, I ask for you to focus your work on my Big Idea, and after we've founded our Small Town, then we can move onto our own tasks.

Thank you for your time.

Mr. Inanimate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr. Inanimate's Big Idea

Post by captainkraft on Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:53 am

I for one am concerned about the type of "civilization" that we will create. We need to come to some sort of consensus on how to coexist. Things like economy and leadership need to be considered. Maybe we should work on some community structures that we can use to gather and talk about such things.

captainkraft

View user profile http://gameskraft.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Inanimate on Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:56 am

This is a good point, and something worthy to discuss in the future. Once we have the wood to make houses, we can talk about how the houses can be distributed. (I for one am in favor of community buildings.) And once we have the crops and animals for farms, we can talk about how those will be distributed.

Luckily the world we live in, with JOB posts, works well for discussion. If you want something to be yours alone - like "Build a house for Mr. Inanimate" - then you just make a thread for that. If people want to help, they will. If not, you have to do it on your own. Likewise for "Start a farm for Mr. Inanimate".

I'm willing to bet people will be more in favor of building a community shelter first, since it'll get done far faster than a house for each person in our town separately.

Mr. Inanimate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by anidude on Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:55 am

I have started a foraging party, just to get enough food to keep us going.

anidude

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:20 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top